Saturday 10 October 2015

Eccup

We took a walk around Eccup reservoir on Sunday, first time i've been here in years. It was a little busy with joggers at first, I think we hit the Sunday morning jogging club!

Though we could barely see them we could hear the many geese on the water, I spotted Canada and Greylag. There were a few Mallards around too and the ever present Coots.



I don't think i've actually walked the entire way around before but it's nice walk plenty of different views and the day was perfect for it.

There were lotsof blackberries and elderberries about and we even found a couple of raspberries hidden away too.




A few photos from the walk





Some of wasps looked white, which looked odd till I realised they were covered in pollen from going inside the flowers!


It was a little quiet on the bird front probably because there was so many people about and I didn't get many photos of the ones we did see, I caught the wren by accident!




You can't tell from the photos but this field was filled with Meadow Pipits, Pied Wagtails and Crows





No comments:

Post a Comment