Monday 18 September 2017

Pontefract

On Sunday we went to a Kustom car show at Pontefract race course and we made a detour to walk around the lake there. When looking it up afterwards it seems we missed a nature reserve in the North part of the park!

It was full of the usual birds - Mallard, Coot, Canada Geese, Black-headed Gulls, Tufted Ducks and a Cormorant too.

Unfortunately someone drove a radio controlled boat at the birds and another person had their dog in the lake spooking them so I wasn't able to check them out properly but I don't think I missed any.









Overhead were more BH Gulls and a few Herring too. Magpies and Woodpigeons were picking through the fallen leaves.



It's beginning to look quite autumn like now!



Another place to go back to so we can check out the reserve.

6 comments:

  1. It's looking very autumnal around here too :)

    I love your photos of the leaves... shame about the radio controlled boat and the dog - how annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the autumnal feel! :) Thanks, yes I was quite annoyed, they must have seen me stood there taking photos of the birds!

      Delete
  2. There has been a definite change in the day's over this last week, I love Autumn but it all seems a bit soon and I'm NOT liking the darker nights. I don't understand people some times, perhaps we become invisible while taking photos, I had a lady throw a stick right into the middle of the birds I was photographing for her dog to fetch !!
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the darker nights aren't great, plus the shorter days means I see less in the garden with work getting in the way! Aren't people just oblivious, so rude!! x

      Delete
  3. I love classic cars, have never been to a show but would enjoy it I know....good that you found another spot to explore some for now and more for later. Great abundance of bird life there too! A guy drove right up to me on an ATV noisy thing, and scared the birds I had my binoculars on! I couldn't believe it...some people eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mostly my husbands thing but I do love the big old American cars and the motorbikes! It seems everyone has problems with people scaring off the birds!

      Delete